Many international knowledge workers in the Netherlands find Holland an attractive country to live in. Holland has an international character, high living standards, good transport networks and excellent health care. Besides that, it is home to many innovative and leading tech and IT companies and offers many engineering job opportunities.
WHY WORKING IN HOLLAND?
Holland is a consensus-based, diverse country with great facilities for its inhabitants. Life as an international employee is pretty good in this country. There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth and to develop your skills. Especially at the many innovative and industry leading tech and IT companies located in the Netherlands. Employers encourage you to make the most of your potential and are willing to provide resources for further professional growth. Average net income is internationally competitive, especially compared to most Western European countries.
The Dutch value their work-life balance. Therefore a lot of women and men work part-time. A four-day workweek is popular and paid vacation time is good. This - alongside professional growth and income - has resulted in a high level of job satisfaction.
Also, don’t worry about a language barrier: the Dutch speak English perfectly and are easy communicators. And as an international employee you won’t be all alone in the Netherlands: there are 342,900 people like you.
THE BRAINPORT EINDHOVEN REGION
The Netherlands is home to three tech hotspots: Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven (Brainport). The last mentioned is Europe’s most prominent and innovative high-tech center. Why? High-tech and design go hand in hand, people cooperate and share knowledge. The region responds to a rapidly changing world in a smart way, it has a unique business climate, and attracts talents and companies from all over the world. It stands out because of its unique culture of open innovation. People work together closely, even across disciplines.
THIS REGION IN SOUTHEAST NETHERLANDS HAS SIX WORLD-CLASS CLUSTERS:
- High Tech Systems: This is the most important and most strongly represented key technology area in the Brainport region and is crucial to the development of knowledge, technologies, and enterprises. The interface between High Tech Systems industry and other disciplines provide the springboard for innovations.
- Smart Materials & Chemistry: This industry in Brainport is a world leader in different sectors.
- Smart Mobility: This cluster develops automotive technologies, like ‘co-operated and connected driving’. The Brainport Smart Mobility living lab enables speeding up innovations in this field.
- Lifetec & Health: This field focuses on human health and design products to preserve and improve people’s health. The region is home to some of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers within this cluster.
- Food: In the Brainport region you will find many high-tech food production and processing initiatives. The latest technologies and synergies with other clusters provide solutions for clean, safe and efficient ways of food production.
- Design: Design is in the DNA of the Brainport region. It is regarded a ‘business creator’. The context of design in Brainport is mainly defined by technology and the manufacturing industry.
There is a lot more to tell about the Brainport Region, its history, future, and opportunities. Discover what the Brainport Region has to offer you by downloading our whitepaper.